Skip to main content

So, I Spoke To Soon

Hi very understanding friends :)

OK, so before you start giving me high fives for starting this new challenge, I need to make an amendment.  I tried.  Today I tried to get more steps in.  I walked to and from work.  That is only 1/2 mile total.  My job, luckily isn't a sit down job.  I am on my feet all day, unfortunately I stand in one place when I am grooming the dogs.  It is 5:45, I just got home from work, and I am only at 3,898 steps.  I have no energy to get over 4,000 steps in before I go to sleep tonight.  I probably could go to the gym, or go for a walk, but I need to make dinner, and I forgot how much walking hurts my knee.  I know, excuses, excuses.  But honestly......  Anyway, my amendment for my challenge is to walk to and from work every day this week and next week.  That in itself is a big deal for someone who dislikes walking, trust me.  So, instead of posting pictures of my fitbit, I will post some fun pictures of my walks, so you will know that I am not being lazy :)  I do feel like I've failed already, but I need to be happy with my challenge, or I wont do anything at all.  I was all ready yesterday to do this until I realized how much time was involved in getting those 8,000 steps in.  Lori=Baby!  I know, but I think this is a good compromise for me.
Thanks for understanding :)


I'll leave you with my best friend, my baby girls, my Mia..........



xoxo

"It's not always rainbows and butterflies, 
it's compromise that moves us along."

~Maroon Five


Comments

  1. A challenge is only any good if it motivates you and works for you, so great job making modifications to keep at it and make it work for you! I am with you on not enjoying walks or workouts, but I am hoping that will change as I lose weight and get more fit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww so cute! I think your new goal is a great one! Making small changes is more effective in the long run. I think it's great that you've found a way to be more active...you can always add more ways later on!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment