Skip to main content

Real Food Challenge!! (Day 1)

Happy Monday!!

This week I am going to try something fun and new.  Some of my blogger friends do challenges to help them stay on track.  I think this is a wonderful tool.   I came across a web site that had "One Week Challenges".  I thought doing something like this would really help me stay accountable with my food, especially after my recent disastrous slip.   I chose "One Week, Real Food" for my first week challenge.  Only real food for one week.  Real food is defined as "food that nature gives us:  plants, roots, fruits, nuts, seeds, meats, eggs, milk and those made from it.  Fake foods are those that human beings create trying to imitate the natural food."  I will be posting pictures of my food and will hopefully be able to change my cravings, after all that sugar I have been eating.  I've been doing better since Easter, but still needing some type of chocolate every day to get me through the day, and I don't want this to be a habit.   I do, of course have an amendment to my challenge, which may or may not seem fair.  I will not be giving up my coffee creamer.  Sorry but I can not go without it.  I will however try to not use as much, but I just feel that I need this one thing to keep me sane :)  Anyway,  I decided to make each meal special.  Using special plates, and setting a table even if is just for me alone, makes it mindful eating, and hopefully will slow me down and allow me to really enjoy my food.   

This is my breakfast, I ate it before I left for the gym, so I wanted to keep it light.  I have a hard time eating breakfast as it is.  I am usually never hungry until about 1:00 in the afternoon.  I think it is because my metabolism is so slow, but I'm not sure. 


1 oz Swiss Cheese.....2 oz Carving Board Slow Cooked Ham


Here is my lunch.  I decided to eat outside 
because the weather is just so beautiful!


1 Cup Frozen Mix Fruit.....1/2 oz Swiss Cheese 1 Egg Omelet



3:00 Snack :)  Almonds and Cashews




My dinner outside with Greg :) 



Frozen Mixed Veggies.......4 oz Chicken Sauteed In Sesame Oil



I felt special doing my food up pretty.  I enjoyed it more and ate it slowly!!  Truthfully tho, I am hungry.  Well, if I think about it, I am probably not truly hungry, I just want chocolate chip cookies that I made yesterday and the M&M's that look so pretty in the candy dish.  I am going to try my hardest to stay away!!  


I decided on some Peppermint Chocolate Tea 
to help curb my cravings......



It is steeping as I write this so I hope it helps :) 



xoxo

"Together we can face any challenges 
as deep as the ocean and as high as the sky."

~Sonia Gandhi

Comments

  1. Coffee creamer is non-negotiable for me too! I smiled when I read that. Soul sisters. Haha :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment