Welcome to my little place!
My blog was started to help me come to terms with turning 50, to find myself as I become an empty nester, and to help me with my weight loss journey. (Update Here)
I am in an amazing place in my life so now follow me as I move forward with the good and the bad, my continued wieght loss journey and just my life!!


Thursday, March 19, 2015

My First Selfie

Hi Friends!

It's late for me to be on, but I wanted to post my pictures from the gym today, so I am accountable. This first one is actually my first "selfie" I've ever taken.  I'm not quite sure how I feel about the fact that I even said the word selfie let a lone took one, but I guess times, they are a changing.  It wasn't on my list of things to do before I turn 50, but maybe it should have been :)   Regardless, my sister wasn't there to take the pictures for me so I was forced to conform with the masses.   I don't know how many picture people take of themselves before they get a good one, but this was hard.  This is not my best moment in pictures, but I didn't want people to start staring while I got a good one, so this is what you get.  I don't know why I look so mad in this picture.
Really I'm in a very good mood here :)

Wednesday Gym Time With Lori :) 



This is a new cardio machine I used today.  I really liked it a lot.  I did 20 minutes and burned 190 calories :)


I went to work out at a different Snap Fitness location.  I was a bit nervous walking in because I wasn't comfortable with the layout or the people, but I'm almost 50 you know, so I'm a big girl :)  I'm glad I pushed myself and went, because I started my day off feeling positive and really good about myself.  Plus, I din't feel to guilty when my sister sent home a piece of homemade pistachio cake with me for tonight.  Boy was it delicious!!

xoxo

"Excuse me but can you keep your selfies to yourself?  
I did not sign up for a daily picture of you." 

~somee cards quotes


1 comment:

  1. Good job on your first selfie. Hehe I always feel awkward taking a selfie too. And fabulous job on the workouts!

    ReplyDelete