Skip to main content

I Am Truly Blessed!!

Friday night we had a girls night with the family.  We went to a Chinese restaurant called Chopstix.  We had such a fun time, even though my daughter Blayne couldn't be there. Unfortunately, she had already made plans to go to a Cocktails and Color event with friends.   My niece and sister in law are leaving next week for South Carolina and we wanted to get together before they left.  Anyway, I was a bit nervous about the food choices and the probability of me going over board at dinner and beyond.  Since it is Lent and I am in observance with no meat on Fridays, I knew I was looking at a vegetable dish.  I did some googling before we left and found out that the Vegetables with Garlic Sauce wasn't so bad calories wise, with around 250 for about 4 oz.  I'm not sure how many ounces I ate but it wasn't too bad I'm sure.  I also opted for the brown rice for about 220 calories for one cup.  I probably had about one and half to two cups so that's that!  I was pretty happy with myself and my choices and I didn't suffer at all because it was amazingly delicious!!
Of course, here are some pictures from our fun night!

My meal!!


My beautiful niece and her fabulous drink Sex on the Beach 
and her awesome looking appetizer sushi of some type :) 




My beautiful family and friend Darlene :) 




Our waitress was simply delightful, the presentation of the food was just  beautiful and best of all, I got to enjoy a wonderful girls night out with my family!  I am truly blessed. 

xoxo

"It's fun to get together and have something good to eat.  
That is what life is all about...enjoying things."

~Julia Child



Comments

Post a Comment