Skip to main content

Messed Up Week

This has been a messed up week for me.  I have been suffering with a stomach virus.  I've felt fine besides a small fever and nausea, so life has been normal except my eating and exercise.  I haven't been hungry so I haven't been eating, and that always throws me off track.  I haven't been to the gym since Monday, and I really miss it, and that is throwing me off.  I just feel off all together.  I never realized how much this new way of life is growing on me and how natural it has become.  I miss tracking my food, choosing good foods and adding in my treats.  I miss the gym, the sweat and the power.  I've been sad :(  And, I'm not even stepping on the scale because it will be a false loss and then a gain once I get my appetite back.

Since I don't have much to share regarding diet and such, I wanted to share the recent book  I am reading.  This book came to me through my sister, who started it and loved it.  It is called "The Girl On The Train".  It is wonderful!   If you liked "Gone Girl" and enjoy a good drama/mystery, it is one of those books that you do not want to stop reading.   Here is a little synopsis from the author.......

Rachel takes the same commuter train every morning.  Every day she rattles down the track, flashes past a stretch of cozy suburban homes, and stops at the signal that allows her to daily watch the same couple breakfasting on their deck.  She's even started to feel like she knows them.  "Jess and Jason", she calls them.  Their life-as she sees it-is perfect.  Not unlike the life she recently lost.

And then she sees something shocking.  It's only a minute until the train moves on, but it's enough.  Now everything's changed.  Unable to keep it to herself, Rachel offers what she knows to the police, and become inextricably entwined in what happens next, as well as in the lives of everyone involved.  Has she done more harm than good?

How fun right??  Reading a good book always lets me become someone else, lets me enter into entirely different worlds.  It is a wonderful way to relax and de-stress after a long day, and it gives me something to look forward to.  Especially when paired with a little chocolate :)

xoxo

"You know you have read a good book 
when you turn the last page 
and feel as if you have lost a friend."

~Paul Sweeney

   

Comments

  1. Sorry you're having a bad week. :( that book sounds really good- I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment