Skip to main content

Happy On A Monday!!

Hello My Friends!!

Today I decided to weigh in.  It's been 3 weeks, and I told myself I would weigh in once a month, but I got itchy and pulled out the scale.  I've been doing great with my food.  A few gross slip ups on the weekends, but a lot better :)  I still allow myself chocolate, yummy coffee and cookies, but in moderation.  I am doing so much better at putting on the breaks and not over doing it so it doesn't turn into a full blown binge and a week long slide.  I think its because I have given myself permission to eat real food .  A friend, whos blog I follow, has a philosophy and its beginning to sink in.  Good for her for realizing this now, when she is young.   Here is her blog...she is just darling!!  Goal of Losing  It's taken me 30 plus years and hearing it from my sister, my mom and trying every diet out there even starvation, to realize that I can have it all, just in moderation.  This has allowed me to eat my M&M's while I watch TV.  This has allowed me be a real person and eat actual food when I am at a restaurant instead of having a salad with no dressing, and being the one who can't try a bit of dessert when everyone else is enjoying the yummyness.   It has given me the ability to feel free of diets and to challenge myself, by showing that I do have the strength to stop when I know I should.  It has made me eat more fruits and vegetables,  if I want something fun and good later.  I like this new attitude with food and the scale likes it too.........


Yay!!  I am down 3.2 pounds since last weigh in!  Like I said before, slow and steady wins the race.  That is 7 pounds, 6 weeks.  I'll defiantly take it :) 

What is also helping me out is going to the gym.  Not only do I feel great after working out, I also want to eat better, so I don't sabotage any progress I've made at the gym.   My sister comes with me so that is a huge help.  She makes it fun and it helps push me to actually go in the morning :)   This week I am going to try to go 3 times.  I am going to post pictures to help me stay accountable :)  

Mondays Gym Time With Lori :) 



So, I think I am falling in love with this machine.  I'm not sure what it is, but its kind of like an elliptical.  It has it's own TV screen and today I watched a re-run of "Southern Charm" on Bravo which I love as well  :)  I usually do at least 20 minutes of cardio.  I'm starting to feel a little less winded as quickly, so that's a good thing.  


Next we move over to the other side of the gym to the weight machines.  I love lifting weights.  It makes me feel strong and powerful :) 

I just love the Snap Fitness near me.  It is never too crowded and it has everything I need.  If you have one close to you and thought about trying it, here is the link Snap Fitness.  Sometimes you can get coupons for a free month just to try it out.  Any gym is good and if you are really good, you can just exercise at home.  I unfortunately need more.  I've tried to do stuff at home and made every excuse in the book not to do it :)  So if you do work out at home, I envy you, because I am just not that dedicated :)  

When we were finished, we stopped at McDonald's for coffee then at a small thrift store where I found 2 pair of shoes and my sister bought a beautiful print which is huge for just $15.00.  We also found some other small fun things.   

Great day.  Great workout.  Great weight loss.   I'm happy :) 

xoxo


"You never walk out of the gym and say,
 'I shouldn't have gone.'"

~Taylor Kitsch


 

Comments

  1. Keep up the great work! You're so close to that magical place called "Onederland"! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lost almost 90 lbs. with the philosophy that nothing was off limits. It really works and you stay happy doing it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment