Welcome to my little place!
My blog was started to help me come to terms with turning 50, to find myself as I become an empty nester, and to help me with my weight loss journey. (Update Here)
I am in an amazing place in my life so now follow me as I move forward with the good and the bad, my continued wieght loss journey and just my life!!


Monday, February 2, 2015

The First Step!

Happy Monday!!!  This is the first day of my new plan.  I need to lose 50 pounds.  It's been said.  Now I need to do it!!  I weighed in, measured and began counting calories.  I feel pretty good.  I have been busy today cleaning.  Usually, because Monday is my day off, I spend the time doing nothing and eating poorly.  Today I decided to try to keep busy and it's working.  Not only do I feel good because I've been eating good, but also I feel good about myself because I am not just sitting around.  :)

This is my starting weight.


Ok...so showing my weight is a big thing for me.  Greg doesn't even know what I weigh, but I think this will help me be accountable.  I need to be honest if this is going to work!!  I am up 15 pounds since Christmas.  I'm not going to lie.  I knew it.  I've been totally out of control eating most of the time.  Trying to watch and then eating everything in sight because that's what I do.  I act like I'm never going to eat it again so I over do it,  No more of that for me!!  I think counting calories will help me with that.  I can have a little treat once in a while and not over do it because I'll just count it and move on :)  That's my hope anyway!!

I have decided to weigh myself every two weeks.  Usually I step on the scale every time I walk into the kitchen, but that is not always a good thing for me.  When I'm up, it gives me an excuse to eat.  So I am going to try giving it to Greg to "hide" for me.  We will see how that goes :)

I will leave you with some pictures of my yard with all the beautiful snow we got last night and today :)




I love the snow....just as long as I have no where to be :)

xoxo


"This first step
choosing a goal and sticking to it
....changes everything."

~Scott Reed

2 comments: