Skip to main content

Birthday Fun!!

This week a dear friend celebrated her 50th birthday :)  She was a friend of mine in high school, and has been a friend and neighbor for 20 some years.  It was a surprise party thrown by her sister and her two daughters.  She was so surprised and touched and we had a wonderful time.  Since, as you know, my sister and my sister in law are neighbors, they were invited as well :)  It's always so wonderful to be able to spend time together!!
This is us!!

On the left, Julie, my sister in law, then me :), Michelle the birthday girl, and Connie my sister.  

Now, the food at the party.  I took my sisters advice and ate some really good healthy filling foods before I left, so then at the party I wasn't really hungry.  I don't like to NOT eat at a party, especially since it is usually paid for and all.  I just kinda feel its a little rude, but that's just me :)  Anyway, they had pizza and wings, so I took one wing and a piece of pizza and was satisfied.  Normally I would have overdone it and then went home and continued into the night, so that is progress for me :)  Might I be changing some bad habits?? :)  

Ok, so I know I was supposed to weigh in on Monday, but I over did the chocolate and Valentines goodies, and since my metabolism is pretty horrible, I tend to gain weight super easy.  I decided to give it another week and see how I do :)  Is that bad??  Hmm....I probably should have weighed in and bit the bullet.  Maybe that would help me.  Next time I will try to weigh in no matter what I do.  I promise.   I know no one here will think less of me if I show a loss or a gain  :)   I'm a work in progress!!

xoxo

"The way I see it, you should live everyday like its your birthday."

~Paris Hilton


Comments