Skip to main content

Happy Valentines Day After :)

Hi friends!!
I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentines Day!  I certainly did.  Yesterday was not only Valentines Day, but my husband Greg's birthday too!!  I work on Saturdays,  so when I walked into the salon, this cute little bucket of fun was waiting for me from my awesome sister.


She knows me so well.  Pink nail polish, hand sanitizer, a lip pencil, candy, (which I of course ate) and a fun little pillow all put together in a cute Valentine pail :)  What a great way to begin my Valentines Day :)    Greg and I went out to dinner on Friday night to avoid the rush, so Saturday night we just stayed in and watched movies.  Good thing too because we had a snowstorm with freezing temps.  This morning when I was driving to Church my car read -9 degrees.  35 below was the wind chill!! BRRR..... Anyways, Greg opened his presents from me and then he gave me this gorgeous Valentines....


Isn't it just beautiful??  It is from a candy store in our hometown and they make the most wonderful tasting chocolate!!  As you can see I ate some already, along with some other candy he bought me.  I told him not to get me anything for Valentines Day, I really just wanted chocolate.  That's my thing :)  

Honestly, I usually would have felt guilty eating this, but in my "old age" I realize that it isn't the end of the world.  I am getting so much better at jumping back on track sooner than I used to.  I am feeling more in control.  I don't want to be that person who never has chocolate again.  Holy crap I think I would actually die if that happened.  I need it and other sweets  to feel like a person.  I just have to keep learning to stay in control over how much I eat and make sure I don't let it go on for days :)  

This is our 33 Valentines Day together.  When the kids were little, the focus was usually on them and getting them gifts and candy.  Now, they all have their own Valentines to share the day with, and Greg and I spend our first Valentines/Birthday alone together in 27 years.  It was quiet and calm and wonderful!  I'm really starting to like this empty nesting thing :)  

xoxo

"All you need is love.  
But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt."

~Charles M. Schulz



Comments

  1. I love chocolates. Yum! Sounds like you had a very nice Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment