Skip to main content

Slow and Steady :)

Hello friends!!  Ok....so today is my first weigh in day since I began myfitnesspal and my public weightloss journey.  As I said, I am a week late, as I did have some slips around Valentines Day weekend :)  But as of this morning I am down 4 pounds.  :)


4 pounds in 3 weeks isn't a normal loss for me.  Usually it is a lot more, but this loss feels better to me than before.  It feels better because I am doing it a healthy way.  It means more to me because I know I am changing my habits and my minds set.  Best of all I know that  I am changing my metabolism so if and when I do have a bad weekend, I won't gain weight so fast.  In the past I have lost quickly, only to gain quickly even after a few days of overeating.  That, I assume is my rotten metabolism not working like I want it to work.  So, I am happy and proud of my 4 pounds. :)  Go me!!!

Today I joined a new gym called Snap Fitness .  My sister had recently joined, so I went along with her today and signed up and then we worked out.  It felt good to get back into things.  It has been a while since I was at my old gym.  It is 30 minutes away and the weather and roads have been so terrible, that I just gave up.  This new gym is much closer, the staff is so friendly, and we love the ease of the machines.  They are open 24 hours a day and have locations all over!!  I think I will use it a lot more.  At least that's the plan :)  


Isn't this fun??  It's not pink, but I can handle red :) 

After the gym, we of course had to go get coffee.  I just love having coffee out.  It just tastes better when someone else is making it.  The coffee shop that we sometimes go to is called The Brew Ha Ha.  The one owner is a dog lover so their are cute doggy pictures all over the walls. :)  


Isn't it super fun?  We had a nice relaxing time, surrounded by other women doing the same. :)  We ended the day consignment shopping, where I found a super cute pair of winter gloves that were only $1.89, and my sister found a beautiful sweater, which was on sale, and a necklace and saved $16 on both!  Success!! :) 

Another wonderful day, beginning with a great weight loss.  I am looking forward to more of the same.  Slow, healthy, and habit changing is ok by me :) 

xoxo

"Slow and steady wins the race"

~Robert Lloyd

Comments