Skip to main content

Goals? Yes Please!

Oh my goodness!  This summer is just flying by and it's been hard to carve out time to write a post :)   I am trying to spend every nice day that I have off, at the beach, and my work days are for sitting out on The Sanctuary after dinner and just enjoying the evening.  I haven't really even checked my blogs to read so I need to catching up and see what everyone has been up to.  I feel so lonely :)

Let me begin with some beach pictures from Monday :)


My Great Nephew, Oliver!!




My Great Nephew, Ryland



My Nieces, Ariel, and Alyssa
and their Mom, my SIL Julie!!



The "toes in the sand" picture,
just because I'm a smarty pants,
now that I have a smart phone :) 



I promised myself that today, since we took the day off, I would update my blog.  I decided to add some pages, including a weight journey page.  I looked back and wrote down all my gains and losses since in started my blog in January.  My real honest attempt at losing weight started in October so I decided to begin with that and go from there.  What a mess of losses and gains.  After looking at all of the ups and downs, I made a promise to myself that that nonsense is going to stop.  See it all in print made me realize how much time I've wasted by eating junk, and not eating junk.  I think my main focus when beginning this blog was to find myself emotionally.  Now I need to stop messing around and find myself physically!  It is a shame how much time and energy I've wasted yo-yoing up and down.  That is going to stop!  I am at peace with my kids getting older, and now I need to be at peace with my weight.  The only person that can help me with that is me.   I also noticed that I have been really lackadaisical about weighing in.  That is going to stop as well.  Awhile back I was weighing in on Sundays and I really liked that.  So from now on, weigh in's on Sundays.....YUP!   Posting a picture of my scale......YES!  Here and there accountability  gym time pictures.....GET READY!

December is coming fast and Iv'e set a goal for December......

 I, Lori, declare that I will be 180 pounds by December 20, 2015.  :)

I've reset my ticker on myfitnesspal I can see it in print and be properly updated!

That is 22 weeks away.
I am 216 today
That is 36 pounds.
That is about 1.5 pounds per week.
Doable?  YES!
Will I do it?  YES!

 I never usually set goals with my weight.  I really don't know why.  Thinking about it tho, I think setting a goal is a wonderful way to get where you want to be!!

xoxo

"Setting goals is the first step
in turning the invisible, into the visible."

~Tony Robbins

Comments

  1. I know you can do it! Look how hard the Pilates class was...each day it is getting easier and easier. Have faith in yourself...in your body, your mind and in your spirit. You can accomplish anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got this! I have always tried to avoid setting a weight goal that I will meet n X amount of days but I'm thinking maybe I should try that too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite things about blogging is going back and seeing it all in print. It is much harder to live in denial when it is all out there. It helps me to go back and reread the pep talks I have given myself through blogging when things haven't gone my way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great goals! You can definitely do this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have gone up and down, up and down, and hate the time I have wasted being inconsistent and half-hearted about losing this weight. So great idea putting it all in writing and being motivated to improve. Your goal for December is reasonable and doable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finding a good day where you can consistently weigh is a huge thing. Then stick with it!!!! You can rock this!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment