Skip to main content

Sundays and Letting Go

Sundays are one of my favorite days.  As I look out of my computer room window, my view is just beautiful.  The sun is almost down and the snow is amazingly stunning.


Sundays are my day to reflect on the past week, and to plan the week ahead.  Sundays are church days.  I love spending time in prayer, and centering myself.  I look forward to seeing and talking to my church family, and I also teach CCD ( it's the Catholic way of saying Bible School).  I have the second grade class and I look forward to spending time with them.  They take everything I say in, process it and question it.  I simply love it.  I've always been involved in my parish, but this year is the first year that I have taught a class.  This has been something that I've wanted to do for a long time and just never had the "time" to do it.  Really I just never felt like taking time away from the family to do it.   Dominic is no longer in CCD, as it only is for K-12, so I thought it would be the perfect time for me to dive in.  It so happened that the second grade teacher had decided that she no longer wanted to teach so I jumped at the chance.  Deciding to teach CCD was a big step for me in finding Lori.  It is something that I do and have that is just for me.  My family, my sister (who is my other half) has nothing to do with it. It's just Lori and it feels so good.  

Sundays have, in the past, also been the day I make my plans to start back on my diet that I blew Friday and Saturday.  Until Christmas and my big slip, I haven't had this problem....this weekend however, it was back to the old routine.  Monday was not a good day, as I told you.  I did however jump back on track the remainder of the week and did great....great until Friday and I was tempted with pizza and chocolate.  Oh boy.  I blew it the rest of the weekend.  I need a way to not do that.  I need to knock off that "all or nothing" mentality.  If anyone out there has any advice, I'd love you forever if you could share!! :)  As I was sitting in my computer room, which I also use as my prayer room, I was relaxing in my chair and praying.  I then remembered that all I need to receive help is to ask for it.  Let go and Let God.  Sometimes I forget that.  Sometimes you just have to be still and remember, be still and think and be still and listen   Being still in my own thoughts, in my own space is just another part of  finding Lori :) 

xoxo


"Don't spend your days trying to correct your mistakes.
Let Go and Let God  create something better for you,"

~Unknown

Comments