Skip to main content

Hmm.....What's Next?

So, I'm not quite sure what to write next. I guess I will explain a little about my need for change before I turn the big 50.  You see, I met my hubby when I was 16.  We dated a few years, then got married a month before I turned 20.  We were together 2 years and then had our first baby, a girl we named Blayne.  She was followed 18 months later by her brother Connor.  When they were 6 and 8, their little brother Dominic came along.  These were wonderful years. I threw myself into being their mom.  I was fortunate enough that I was able to be a stay at home mom until Dominic turned 5 then I started my dog grooming business.  Anyways, long story I know.  The thing is, now there are gone.  Well Dominic is technically still home, but away at college and we are now empty nesters.  When he left for school in August, I realized....I don't know who I am anymore.  I really don't feel like "Mom", and I haven't been "Lori" in 27 years.  I think it was my mistake that I gave up my identity when I began having children.  I never built up friendships because I never worked outside the home to meet friends, and I was too "busy" with kids to take time out for me and fun adult stuff.  Now I am struggling to find me....To find my life without children.  I began this journey in August.  I have done a few things to kick it off, which I will tell you about in the next few weeks, but I feel like I have a long way to go.  I feel the need to change mentally, physically and just try to become more independent with my actions, words, and really, with my life.

~xoxo


"People make a lot of jokes about the empty nest. 
 Let me tell you, it is not laughing matter.  
It is really hard."

~Michelle Pfeiffer

Comments