Welcome to my little place!
My blog was started to help me come to terms with turning 50, to find myself as I become an empty nester, and to help me with my weight loss journey. (Update Here)
I am in an amazing place in my life so now follow me as I move forward with the good and the bad, my continued wieght loss journey and just my life!!


Sunday, January 4, 2015

Hmm.....What's Next?

So, I'm not quite sure what to write next. I guess I will explain a little about my need for change before I turn the big 50.  You see, I met my hubby when I was 16.  We dated a few years, then got married a month before I turned 20.  We were together 2 years and then had our first baby, a girl we named Blayne.  She was followed 18 months later by her brother Connor.  When they were 6 and 8, their little brother Dominic came along.  These were wonderful years. I threw myself into being their mom.  I was fortunate enough that I was able to be a stay at home mom until Dominic turned 5 then I started my dog grooming business.  Anyways, long story I know.  The thing is, now there are gone.  Well Dominic is technically still home, but away at college and we are now empty nesters.  When he left for school in August, I realized....I don't know who I am anymore.  I really don't feel like "Mom", and I haven't been "Lori" in 27 years.  I think it was my mistake that I gave up my identity when I began having children.  I never built up friendships because I never worked outside the home to meet friends, and I was too "busy" with kids to take time out for me and fun adult stuff.  Now I am struggling to find me....To find my life without children.  I began this journey in August.  I have done a few things to kick it off, which I will tell you about in the next few weeks, but I feel like I have a long way to go.  I feel the need to change mentally, physically and just try to become more independent with my actions, words, and really, with my life.

~xoxo


"People make a lot of jokes about the empty nest. 
 Let me tell you, it is not laughing matter.  
It is really hard."

~Michelle Pfeiffer

No comments:

Post a Comment