Skip to main content

Simple Pleasures of A Fall Fun Day

 Hello Friends!

Last Saturday my daughter Blayne and I went on our Annual Fall Fun Day.  We have been doing this for many years now.  Some years we drive an hour in the country to this old general store, that carries old fashioned type candy and pop. Some years we have just driven the back roads and have gotten out and took pictures of the leaves or things we saw.  This year we decided to go and drive to some local covered bridges.  It was a beautiful fall day.  Just perfect for a drive down some back roads.  I grew up on back roads....dirt roads.  We live on a back road now, but it is paved....it's just not the same...my heart misses it.  Anyway, we drove into the state of Ohio, which is about 6 minutes from my house.  I love driving in the fall on back roads.  The leaves show us things that are hidden in the thick summer green.  Here are some pictures we took of our day.  






The next three are just things that we thought we beautiful!



I love seeing forgotten things in the country.  I'd love to go back when the leaves change even more and see what I can see.  Anymore, my heart is full when I am surrounded by nature.  Driving down the roads that lead to nowhere.  Looking at the old covered bridges, that open to a winding road.  It calms me and it soothes my soul.

We had a wonderful day, full of love, laughs and memories.






Comments

  1. That sounds like a perfect day!!!!! Beingsurrounded with nature is very soothing for me also! It’s why we hike so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just getting into hiking and I am really loving the way it makes me feel!!❤️

      Delete
  2. Just stumbled upon your page. Look forward to reading about your journey! Love the pics! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment