Skip to main content

A Place To Just Be




 


This weekend we are at Gala (Camp)  I am writing this off line, because there is no internet here, and I will post it when I get home.  Anyway, I am just thinking about how wonderful it is up here.  No internet, no phones, no TV.  When we are out on the porch or in the yard, a car goes by here and there and everyone waves at us.  I feel so calm and relaxed here….my life slows down to a pace I was meant to live at.  I have so much time to do nothing here.  I take walks, I hike, I sit and enjoy the silence.  I read. Some weekends when we are here, I can read 2 books.  I love to read, but  at home, the pull of  social media and Netflix is to great.   This weekend I read a book that I had already read a long time ago, and it is in the genre that I have been obsessed with lately, so I thought I would re-read it.



Gap Creek, is about Appalachian life during the turn-of-the-century.  It is my kind of  book at the moment, and it was just as good now, as it was when I first read it.  If you like books about Appalachia life, I can tell you others that are wonderful!

Mornings at Gala are one of my favorite times.  This weekend we spent the first morning on the porch, but the following, it was 30 degrees so we opted to stay inside.  Coffee, my blanket, and life is good!



This is the view from the porch.  These trees line our front property.



Now just sharing some pictures of the weekend.

The is from the drive up the mountain to Camp.
                                


My little Ava, enjoying the fire :)

      


This sign, my daughter made.  We hung it above the doors on the porch.




We got this sign from friends.  
We hung it this weekend above the picture window in the living room. :) 


 

Caught 2 teenagers eating apples under the apple trees :) 




We feel very blessed to have such a wonderful place to get away to.  A place where we can forget all the stresses of daily life, a place where we can sit and listen to the quiet and just be with nature, a place that I feel the most alive and most like how I want my life to be.






Comments

  1. Just beautiful! As I get older, I sure do appreciate the quiet times as well. Your camp is a gem.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment