Skip to main content

Happiness Is...........

Once in a while, during this hectic thing we call life, we all need to stop and think about what makes us smile.  What things sing to your soul.  What things make you happy.

When I sit and reflect at the end of my day.  Usually I give thanks to God for everything he has given me.  Strength, love, the amazing day.  Sometimes I need to reflect on the little things.  Those small things that I couldn't live without.  Those little things that make me happy.

My Husband.  Here is a man who has been with me since I was 16.  He gives me unconditional love.  He accepts me for who I am.  Heavy, moody, lazy, it doesn't matter to him.  He takes it all and never utters a single negative word.  He works so hard at home and at work.  I really am spoiled.  I really am loved.



My Children.  My 3 babies, my daughter Blayne, Sons Connor and Dominic, are my heart.  They are now 28, 26, and 20.  They are grown and have their own lives.  I look at them and know I did something right.  Kids don't make life easy at times, but it's through the bad times that you truly love them for who they are.




My Family.  My whole family lives around me.  I know they are there for me when I need them.   I am lucky to still have my parents with me.  They have been together since they were 15.  Married 51 years.  They show me what love is everyday.  My sister is my life.  I truly do not know what I would do without her.  She is my support, my go to person when I need anything.   My conscious, my business partner and my best friend.  My SIL's are like my sisters.  They have been with us forever and my life wouldn't be complete without them.  My nieces and nephews....they keep me young at heart :)

My Church and My Church Family.  I need both to be happy.  Going to Mass sets my week right. I love spending time with my Choir and Ladies of the Rosary members. They are my family!

My Dogs.  Laker, and Ava.  They make me happy just saying their names.  In a empty nester house, these two are like our kids now.  We can just sit and watch them play together.  The Lab and The Chihuahua.  The big and the tiny.  How can you not be happy?



Netflix Binge Watching!

Coffee & Coffee Cups.   Oh heaven!  I love my coffee.  It makes everything right.  It makes me smile.  Put it in a cute mug and it is just that much better!!

My Kindle.  A good book makes me happy.  Heck, any book does!!

My Porch (The Sanctuary)




New Make Up :)

Road Trips with Blayne.  My daughter and I love short road trips.  Even better if we get lost :)

WW Meetings!

Chocolate.  You gotta enjoy the little things in life, no matter if you are watching calories or not.

 Blogging :)

Purses, Totes, Wallets.  I get giddy when I'm shopping for these!  It's a weird obsession :)

Meeting Friends For Coffee/Lunch :)

Girls Night With My Family.   5 women, 1 daughter, 2 nieces, food, drinks = Happiness



My Weight Loss Group.  My new found happiness!

Starbucks.  Seeing that green makes me happy :)

Summertime Beach Days!



Hearing Luke Bryan, Brantley Gilbert or Florida Georgia Line on the Radio :)   SIGH!

Harry Potter.   Umm....Yeah, even though my son teases me...Still makes me happy :)

Lifetime Movies

Time Time from Thanksgiving to Christmas!!

Anything Caramel

Shopping :)

So, these are just some of the things that I could think of right away that make me happy.  Every one of these things makes me the person I am.  They bring me joy in the littlest and biggest of ways.  I couldn't imagine my life without them.

What makes you happy??

xoxo


Comments

  1. Lori - what a delightful list! I am so happy everytime I hear you talk about your family - they truly seem like an amazing group of people. Things I love: my father, my sister, all of my family really, temperate days, the Oregon coast, good books, my friends, Indian food, babies, dogs, crocheting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! What a great idea, just to reflect and take stock of everything in your life that you love, things that make you happy. Right off the bat, my husband, kids, and warm, sunny days come to mind for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful list. I certainly don't think we take enough time to appreciate all the good things in life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful post!!!!!!! I love it! I think we should ALL a similar list at least once a year!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As usual your post evokes such emotion from me ... Sigh .. Right along with you !! Harry Potter , yep still can't stop talking or thinking about it , I mean at least to myself lol. Love your attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun post! Pretty much all of the things you listed make me happy too- especially the coffee in a cure mug one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to stop everything and make this list for myself...what a fantastic idea :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment