Skip to main content

My Summer In Pictures - Part One

Hi Friends!

A few days ago, I was going through my blog, going back a few years reading and looking at my pictures.  It was so nice to reminisce and remember all that happened.  I realize that is one of the best parts of blogging....Having something written down and documented for years later.  I feel bad for letting my blog rest, not only because it really helps me get things out, but also for saving memories.  

I thought I would post a few things that made this summer special, so at least I will have this summer to look back on, and then hopefully I can keep up and write more. 

I started off this summer in a huge way!!  My Sis, Blayne (my Daughter) and I took a major road trip!! 

They, along with Greg, surprised me by planning a trip to St. Pete Beach in Florida!!  I have never been to Florida.  I have actually only been one place for a real vacation, and that was 20 plus years ago.  Now, I am a scaredy cat with driving, and actually, since Covid, with leaving my safe little home, and Greg, but I was really excited to venture out of my comfort zone and do this!!!

This is a rest stop in West Virginia at like 11 pm. I think we may have stopped at every rest stop along the way!  





We came upon a wedding one evening!!




The Don Cesar Hotel was just down the beach from us!



It was beautiful!!






My Sis and her husband.  He was in Florida already and Blayne and I stayed there with them.



Out to dinner one night.




One of our morning coffee places!




On Sunday, Blayne and I left my Sister and my Brother In Law Paul and headed home,  My Sis was riding home with Paul at the end of the week.  Blayne had insisted we go to Universal Studio because....you know....Harry Potter!!  YES!!  I was in awe!  















It was day light when we went through West Virginia on the way home.  I fell in love with this state a few years ago just from pictures, so I was really excited to see it in all its splendor. It did not disappoint!  I wish I could live here!!



I had the best time in Florida!  I even loved the drive.  I wasn't to scared, even though everyone drives 75 miles/hour!  It was an almost 18 hour trip, but we stopped and spent the night on the way to and from.  I am so blessed to have been able to go with my Sis and Blayne on this amazing fun girls trip!  Now, I wanna go again!! 😊


xoxo















Comments