Skip to main content

I Am Home

I now t's been a while..... I am still trying :)

For years now, Greg has wanted to live in the middle of nowhere....Live off the land.  He would be in his element!  I would jokingly tell him he should find that place, I would visit once or twice a month and bring food......

Recently we have been toying with the idea of getting a little place to get away.  Since we both love the water, we were searching places near bodies of water.  Greg likes to fish and our Lake Erie is good fishing, although it is hit or miss to get out in a boat.  There is a man-made lake near us that he also fishes on so we were looking in that area.  We were shocked to find that even 1/4 a mile a way from the lake, the houses were totally outrageous, price wise, and for just a tiny "shack" that would need tons of work.  It was then that we decided on buying a camper and renting a camp space for the year.  We always wanted to camp, but with me working Saturdays, it wasn't doable.  Now that I don't work Saturdays, we thought OK!  We began looking for campers.  Greg was seriously considering a brand new camper, that he saw and loved, (I was opposed to new.  I hate spending money like that), when we were offered the opportunity to buy his Uncle's hunting camp.  Sadly, his beloved Uncle John passed away unexpectedly and the family was selling his camp.  Greg had spent time there when he was young, so he knew everything about it, and I could tell he wanted it badly!  I knew nothing about it except that it was up a winding road in the mountains.   A few days later, we took our first drive to the camp, and I instantly fell in love!!  A few weeks later, we decided to buy it.  We had the closing and it became ours!!  The camp is a 2 hour drive from our house.  It is an absolutely beautiful drive, easy to navigate and a straight shot until the road to the camp.  The road is winding and 6 miles around and up.  There are other hunting camps here and there, and also permanent residences, which makes me feel safe!  Uncle John had planted dozens of apple trees on the property, and they are just beautiful, plus the deer love them!!  It is situated on a little over an acre and it is our Home Away From Home!



Here is a view of Camp Gala
 (Greg And Lori Adamson)



Another view...




Such a beautiful drive!



Needless to say, I am in love with Gala!  I feel like I should have lived in the mountains all of my life.  I feel a connection with nature that I never knew I had.  I should have listed to my Sis when she talked about nature.  I've missed out on so much time I could have been enjoying trees, the mountains.... I will not let anymore time pass.  I am at home now,  and my heart definitely lives here.


xoxo
L
Image result for going to the mountains is like going home

Comments

  1. Hi Lori! Wow, what beautiful greenery! Camp Gala is so cute and it looks like such a fun retreat from the rest of the world for sure. How serendipitous that it all worked out to buy Uncle John's place - it's neat that it stayed in the family. I'm kinda jealous of your sweet retreat and how close it is to your home...bet you will be there often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shelley! We just love it and with no cell service, it truly is a retreat away from the world :)

      Delete
  2. That is so cute!! I love it! I am also so jealous! Lol. I love the mountains, nature and all that!! I am sooo happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you MaryFran! We are truly blessed!! :)

      Delete
  3. Nice to read your article! I am looking forward to sharing your adventures and experiences. camper nuovi chausson

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment