Skip to main content

There Is More To Life Than.....


2018!

It's a new year, and time for my little blog to transform and take on a new direction.  I created this little place, to find myself after becoming an empty nester.  It slowly morphed into to many discussions on my weight loss struggles and updates.  Although this is and probably always will be a part of my life, I am trying to refocus to not let it be who I am.  You know, when you look at your friends and family and can actually pick one thing that you think of when you think of them?  Like my Sis for instance.  When I think about her, I think of  nature, dogs, books.  My daughter, I think of  dogs, laughing, lipstick.  My husband Greg is, dogs, outdoors, biking.  I asked Greg what words he thought defined me, he said, faith and family.  I loved that, but  I think, when people think of me, they think of  weight loss.  Now, this isn't a bad thing, but it's not what I want to be remembered for.  The woman who was constantly talking about losing weight and food?  No thank you!  It's time to turn it around!

It's time to move past the number on the scale and make my life less about my weight and more about becoming active and healthy.  

So, my New Years Resolution is.....     
      
To  Lose Weight BECAUSE


BECAUSE I want to get off of my High Blood Pressure and Cholesterol medicine.

BECAUSE I want to become more active and avoid injury from being overweight.

BECAUSE I want to, some day, work for Weight Watchers as a receptionist.

BECAUSE I want to become certified to teach some type of exercise class.

BECAUSE I would love to, someday, work part time at Planet Fitness.

BECAUSE is the only word that I care about now.  It is the only thing that I am focusing on.  I am visualizing all of the things that I want, instead of just the weight loss, and this is a new concept for me.  I am slowly doing things so I can achieve my goals and that includes changing my mindset and not obsessively thinking and talking about food. 

So now that I am trying not to be totally consumed with my weight,  I am trying to figure out where I want my life to go.  Whats next?  Time to make new friends?  Find a hobby?  Explore my creative side?  There is so much more to life than losing weight, so join me in getting healthy, becoming fit,and discovering all the new and exciting things that life has to offer!

xoxo








Comments

  1. Hi Lori, good to hear from you!! I completely agree with you on there being more to life than being a weight-loss blogger, and I love your new outlook! Here's to a healthy 2018!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year!!! I love your goals for the year! And I love the idea of making you a better happier healthier version of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your goals are perfect for you and perfectly doable! When I think of you, I think of Sister(world's best) Style, and Strength! Plus nobody does coffee and advice as well as you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also think it would be cool to work for Weight Watchers! It's a great program (if a bit expensive!) Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment