Skip to main content

Sometimes, "Later" Never Comes

Happy New Year!  2021 Is Here!!!

Everyone is saying that it has to be better than 2020.  Yes, so many have passed away unnecessarily.  Many have been sick and who knows that lasting effects it will bring.  Many have struggled financially, and mentally.  On the positive side, there is such much we have all learned.  We have learned to re-connect with family and friends....We've cooked more...We've done home renovations....We have learned to appreciate "down time".  I actually haven't done any thing like this, as  I am very blessed and my job has continued throughout.   Even though I have tried to stay positive, even I am getting tired of all of the changes and protocol the Corona Virus has brought.  I want to go to the store with some Starbucks, and shop forever and buy absolutely nothing.  I want to sit with my Sister and Daughter in a coffee shop and talk for hours.  I want to see my Group, and catch up without being on Zoom.  I want to hug again!  But mostly,  I would love for my entire family to gather at my Mom's.  She hasn't seen anyone since this all began.  No complaints, because I know this is all for the best, and it will not be forever, but still..... 

 I decided that I am not going to go on and on about new goals regarding weight loss, because, they are the same year after year.  My goal this year is simply To Not Waste Any More Time.  I am the worlds best procrastinator!  Putting off what I should do, for another day.  What has been coming to light, is that there may not be another day.  With all of this death around us daily, with my Dad passing at 76 and with no apparent reason, with my Mom suffering from Alzheimer's, no one knows what God has in store for us, and every day may be your last, so why wait?  I've talked about this before, but as usual, I put off  taking steps to do much about it.  I am lazy.  I know I need to push myself to do anything.  I also know that I am tough, and I can do anything I put my mind to doing.....I just need to do it!

My weight has gone up over the Holidays.  It always does.  I decided to join WW on January 4th.  I used to do WW and have had success with it in the past.  I also have not followed the plan much and was wasting money.  I decided to try it again, to help me get my junk food eating under control.  I weighed in on Monday.  It wasn't pretty.  Maybe this is finally my "rock bottom"?  Maybe this is all I need to push me forward and make the changes I need to be healthy once and for all.  Maybe this will finally help me realize that I need to do this because sometimes, "later" never comes.






Comments

  1. Ugh...what a year! But we can do this. Congrats and making the first step and joining WW. Keep us posted of your progress. I missed your posts :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment