Skip to main content

A Tradition Ends

Happy Easter!

This year was the first year that I didn't do Easter Baskets for my kids.  My kids are 31, 29, and 23, so I guess it was about time, but man it was a tough decision!   When I talked it over with Greg he had no problem stopping this tradition.  He said, "our parents didn't give us Easter Baskets at that age."  I told him, that was because by 30, we were married and had 3 kids.  None of our kids are married, although our daughter Blayne does have a boyfriend, and none have any children yet.  In my head I just always felt like I still needed to do this for them, because they didn't have anyone else to do it.  What prompted this change, is that Blayne and our youngest Dominic are both Vegan now, so I was trying to decided what to get them.  Do I baby my kids?  Is it a "Mom thing"?  All I know is it felt weird and a bit sad.  I always do a little basket for Greg and I, I do one for the dogs,  and I do up a little one for my parents, so I still had that fun, but it just felt like I was missing out on something.  I guess deep down, I knew it was time for this tradition to end.  It's just hard after all of these years.

Anyway, regardless of The Year With No Kid Baskets, we had a wonderful dinner and got to spend time together along with my parents, and  my sister and her family.  It's tough to get all 3 of our kids here at the same time, so it was a perfect day!

These are my parents!
They are just adorable aren't they?



This is my family!
Greg and I, and
in the back left to right
Dominic, Blayne and Connor!



I guess some things have to change and we just need to let them go.  It's all a part of growing up. And although it feels like it's a big deal, it's just a part of life, and it's OK.

xoxo





Comments

  1. I was talking to my sister in law yesterday while we were celebrating Easter. Her first born is transferring to a different college this fall...she was talking about the craziness of having him gone and the adjustment. And she said the same thing, ‘it’s all part of growing up’. But that doesn’t mean you have to like it! Happy belated Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment