Skip to main content

Hello Strangers

Hi Friends!

I know, it's been quite a while since I've been here. There really isn't any reason why I've been MIA.  I've just been blah lately, no creative thoughts or desires pouring out, and honestly, I've been spending way to much time over at Instagram and watching IG Stories.  I've been working on it, and  think I've finally broken the habit.  It's been over a week since I've watched any stories, and I really don't miss them much.   I can post and read the posts and it doesn't take up much time, but once I get watching those stupid stories..........uggh!   Funny how something so little and dumb can capture and keep your attention so much that it is all you want to do.  How weird is wanting to know what strangers are doing and eating.  I'm sure I'm not the only one, but It's just crazy when I think about how much time is wasted watching.  Oh well, like my sister says, "it is what it is", and I hope it's over for good.  I should have much for time on my hands now :)   I've even started posting more on Facebook :)

Just a little update about what's been going on.  I am still doing Weight Watchers.  I haven't been doing terrible.  I have been more or less in a maintenance mode.  I am up and down, which has been OK for the Summer, (kinda)  but I am ready to buckle down and see some changes happen.  I had a little break down at my meeting in July and my leader reset my starting weight as of that day.  My weight was up quite a bit from last November, when I started WW.  Prior to that,  I had been following the Keto diet and had dropped 30 pounds.  Once I started eating carbs again, or should I say, totally over did it on carbs and junk,  I gained most of the weight back.  Anyway, I was up from November, so she restarted me a new booklet and now I have a new starting weight.  Mentally that helped me a lot and I am grateful!  OK.....enough weight talk :)

My life lately has been very relaxing and slow.  Summer has been wonderful here!  I only got to the beach 3 times, due to our cooler summer temps, but I will take what I can get!  Oh and guess what?     I started walking!  If you've read my posts before, you will know that I never walk.  I don't like it.  That has certainly changed.  I love it now.  I look forward to it!  I actually signed up for a 5K!!  It is October 1st.  I also decided to do the Couch to 5K program.  I am now on week 2, day 3, which is 2 minutes fast walking and 90 seconds running, for a total of 31 minutes.  I am so impressed with what my overweight, inactive body is capable of.  I struggled a bit on week 1 day 3, but since then, it's been fine.  I mean I am not all out sprinting, but its more that I have ever done.....ever! :)  I have hopes of running 1/2 of the 5K in October, and my goal is to sign up for another later and run the whole thing!  I am super proud of myself for this.  Me, "I hate walking" Lori :)

Well, I will leave you all with the promise of posting a few times a week.  If I go missing again, you'll know that I have fallen off the Instagram wagon, so send reinforcements and plan a intervention :)

Related image

           

xoxo


Comments

  1. Hey Lori, good to hear from you! Sounds like you are on track, and most importantly, things are going well - yay! How fun that you're enjoying walking...and RUNNING?? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelley! I've always loved your running posts! Now I can relate even more 😀

      Delete
  2. Great to see a blog post from you! I went missing for a while too, but I found my way back :) Now I have that Mariah Carey song "Obsessed" stuck in my head because of that last picture, thanks! Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've missed a lot around here....MRS 😀

      Delete
  3. I've been keeping up with you on Instagram, but it's nice to see you back here too. Glad your summer is going well! Good luck with your walks. I am not a runner, but I will power walk occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Theresa! I am still going to be over at Instagram. I will just try not to watch the stories :) Glad to be back :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow i can say that this is another great article as expected of this blog.Bookmarked this site.. helloketodiet

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment