Skip to main content

Confessions Of An Instagram Addict

Hi friends!  It's been awhile hasn't it?   There is a reason for my absence.  It's called....Instagram.  Yes, sad to say....I am an Instagram addict.  It all started innocently enough when my daughter introduced me to it.  She told me about the weight loss accounts that are on there.  We thought it would be a great way to stay motivated and such.  I was hesitant.  I'm old.  I have always thought of  IG  (See what I did there?) as a young persons social media outlet.  I joined thinking there is no way I would ever post.  I would just lurk around and get inspired by those trying to get healthy.  It was a trap.  First time I posted, I was hooked.  Since then, I have been posting like a mad woman.  Reading accounts, making friends, and if that wasn't enough, they added "Insta Stories".  Oh my goodness is that addicting.  Those who have never watched videos of others talking, cooking, decorating, probably think I am crazy, but trust me....I NEVER thought I would be this way!  Now, don't get me wrong, Instagram is all and good, unless you are like me, and let it take over your life.  Every available minute, I was spending on IG.  Checking in on my friends, watching their lives, posting about my day and yes, taking a lot of selfies!!  What I started realizing is that I was neglecting my life.  Since September, I have only read 2 books on my Kindle, and just 1/2 of each one so neither count!   My housework has suffered.  My blog is non existent, and I miss my friends whos blogs I follow.  This is all due to my lack of control on IG.  With the Christmas Season and Advent upon us, I decided to take some time away from IG.  I need to decorate my house.  I need to relax and watch Lifetime and Hallmark Christmas Movies without keeping one eye on my phone.  I need to read some sappy Christmas Books and some spiritual readings too!  I need to step away from Instagram.  I will miss it surely, but for now, it's the right move.  So, I made a pact with my sister Connie, that I would stay off for the month of December and she would stay away from one of her favorite TV Series, Investigative Discovery.  Both take time away from our lives.  It's been 2 days and except for checking in on my blogger and IG friend Leah (check out her blog here) I haven't been on my account yet!  Withdrawals?  Little bit. but it's all good!  I got my house partially decorated and I am here blogging!  Success!

So, if I disappear again for some time, you'll know I fell off the wagon!   Hit me up with an email because don't forget, Friends Don't Let Friends Get Addicted To Social Media :)

xoxo





Image result for addicted to instagram

Comments