Skip to main content

Home

Hello!  Remember me?  It's been so long since I've been here.  I planned to just take a little break during Lent, just to give myself more time for mediation and prayer.   (Which didn't work as much as I thought.)  The weeks just kept going by, and I got in the routine of not blogging.  I have however been on reading the blogs I follow now and then, just not commenting, but I have some catching up to do!   I had every intention on starting mine up again, but as you all know, time goes by and next thing you know it's 5 months later.  I've had a few people ask where I've been and I realized how much I missed blogging, and I can't believe I waited so long to get back!  Anyway, here I am :)

My life these past few months has been wonderful!  Our youngest moved home for summer break from college, my baby girl (puppy) Ava, had her 1st birthday, Greg and I celebrated our 31st anniversary, and I turned 51 :)   Those are just somethings that have happened.





Ava's 1st Birthday Party.  Cousins Greta and Ellen :) 

My weight loss journey is still going strong after losses and gains, quitting and starting up again.  The main thing that is different from a few months ago, is that I FINALLY really realized that my weight doesn't define who I am.  I am more comfortable in my own skin.  I know, I know, it only took me 50 years to figure that out, but oh well, better late than never!  I actually have been taking a few selfies for my Instagram account.  I swore I would never ever take a selfie.....Stupid trend and gross I hate my picture.  Change!  I feel more confident and what the hell, trends aren't only for the young! :)

 


 Oh, I quit Weight Watchers.  I wasn't having much success, (My fault) and I was wasting my time and money just messing around.  So for the summer, I decided to stop.  I am just focusing on low carbs right now.  I started June 21st and I am down 12 pounds, so I am sticking with this for a bit :)  I am trying not to let  my "diet" totally consume my thoughts now.  Whatever happens, happens :)  I am more than my weight and I tend focus (obsess) too much on one thing and it never ends up good.

Well, that's all for now.  I am so glad to be back.  I have forgotten how happy I feel sharing my thoughts.  It is really very cathartic.  It really helps me stay focused, stay organized, and kinda helps give my life a purpose.  

You know when you are gone a long time from something you really love?  When you go back to it, you feel calm and happy....it feels like coming home :)

xoxo


Comments

  1. Great to see you back to blogging! You look wonderful in your pictures. I love your hair! Awesome job losing 12 pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the 12 pounds!!! Welcome back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! Way to go on the loss and great attitude about it all, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started blogging again too so hope to see more ften. PS- we are in touch on instagram, so thank God for that :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment